Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Blog Week Eight
Over time my opinion on my parents has changed , I have learned to value and except them for who they are. I have also learned to appreciate what they were able to provide for me growing up. I can remember demanding and trowing things and fits for what they could not afford. But now that i am older I know the effort they put in raising five kids on minimum wage jobs. They worked long hours and still never complained and always with a smile. My opinion has changed now that I too have a family and see the struggles they went trough. Because its not easy and remember them never saying no to anything juts asking for us too wait until the bills were paid. If only it were that easy . I can now appreciate and think back on what big effort they made to make ends meet. And now I appreciate them in a whole new way. It has also changed the way I think and the way I hope to raise my kids. I think this happens to all of us gradually as we mature and see life trough new eyes , and this helps us be more thankful to everyone around us. I know to me it has thought me to be more caring toward my parents and to help them and give back to them in whatever way I can. I also hope to teach this to my kids and make them appreciate the small things and not material stuff and hopefully this will make my kids close to one another. I do think I have affected others by this I influence my sibling to give back to my parents as much as possible and to be more concerned to what they have going on.

4 comments:

  1. I myself try to help my parents, it’s nice to know that you can turn around and do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate! Good job. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's amazing that there are moments that change our way we see a person instantaneously, and we can appreciate them so much more. I love and appreciate my parents so much, but I didn't always see them the way I do now. You're awesome for encouraging your siblings to help out your parents, because if their kids don't, who is? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one of best changes you can do but in a positive way to appreciate your parents more because they help you and raise you to become the person you are today.

    ReplyDelete