Wednesday, January 23, 2013


Fast Food Nation.........

Words487

 

 

     While growing up fast food was a part of my life. Fast food was a privilege a treat I’d say, I also remember only having it on weekends and for some reason my parents always had a preference for McDonalds. Maybe it was because it was cheap and because there was so many of us to feed. My favorite was the number 1 the Big Mac combo although my parents wouldn’t always buy it for me. At the time I can really say I loved it. I couldn’t wait for the weekend to come. I would even day dream myself eating a nice juicy burger. It was the best thing out of my week. Although my mom would make dinner every day I would secretly think to myself “dang I wish I were eating a burger and not this”.  And yes I did love my mom’s cooking but what can I say fat and grease is addicting. I wasn’t obese at the time or heavy and it was due to the fact I would have a balance diet. Yes I would indulge myself with fast food but I wouldn’t overdo it like some people do now and that’s why there is so many sick people.

                                                                                                                                  

 

     I now try not to eat too much fast food although it’s hard not to. It’s easy to sometimes just grab something on the go and run out the door. But it’s very difficult to get rid of the extra weight. I would say I don’t depend on it but I do eat it sometimes. The places I do visit are fast and cheap like jack, taco bell and McDonalds. I try not to rely on it and try to always have yogurt and ham and bread on hand for quick snacks. I also can’t afford to eat at fancy places all the time so when I do grab a bite it’s something small. As a family we try to leave all the fast food and going out for the weekend as a reward or privilege. And now that I think back and remember I would now rather have freshly homemade Mexican food instead of that crap. If only I knew back then, I think it was just the feeling of not being able to have it and wanting it.  Because now that I can have it I rather not. It’s like been their done that and I don’t crave it like I use to anymore. I think fast food is very bad for our bodies and its ok to have once in a while but not every day. I also want to teach my kids better eating habits and in order to do so I need to eat better myself. Maybe if my mom would have fed me fast food every day I would think differently and be different with my preferences but I’m glad she didn’t.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you while it's hard to eat healthy cost-wise, sometimes it's just easier to get something fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    That's good that you are trying to keep your kids away from fast food and teach them a good diet. I agree that it doesn't hurt to eat it once in while, but some people just do not get that concept. I too would much rather have a good home cooked Mexican meal(with lots of chili to be exact), but it's understandable when one needs a quick meal.

    ReplyDelete